With the launch of its first CSR Report 2021, the Anjac Group marks its positioning as a reference actor in the creation and manufacturing of innovative, efficient and responsible Health and Beauty solutions.
An ambitious and pragmatic CSR strategy for a more sustainable cosmetics and health industry In 2021, the Group has co-constructed, with its teams, an ambitious and pragmatic CSR strategy for the next five years, which is taking shape with the publication of its first CSR report. This important step allows Anjac to formalize its commitments to all its stakeholders, with actions focused on Innovation, Human, Environment and Health in its entirety.
"CSR provokes, challenges but above all it pushes our industry to be more virtuous!" says Aurélien Chaufour, President of the Anjac Group 4 major ambitions for a roadmap 2021-2026. The CSR approach of the Anjac Group is organized around 4 main ambitions, with a double environmental and societal perspective, which benefits people but also
also to the planet:
- Innovate to transform and improve the sustainability of its offer. For several years now, the Anjac Group has placed innovation at the 1er plan as a lever for transforming the product and service offering towards greater sustainability.
With the "Anjac Green Attack" innovation program, deployed in 2021, the Group formalizes and structures its approach to offer more sustainable solutions for its customers' developments. Today, 90 % of Anjac innovations have a measured or characterized sustainable impact.
By 2026, the Group's commitment is to aim for 100% of innovations with at least one objective sustainable characteristic. This is supported by the ongoing work of the Anjac Innovation & Development (l&D) committee on an eco-responsible evaluation grid, which will guide the Group's l&D teams and will be a key transparency indicator for its customers. Anjac's Responsible Purchasing policy frames the relationships with its suppliers, useful for all our 4 pillars, and particularly accompanies the Group's ambition of innovation.
2. Save resources and reduce your environmental footprint. The Anjac Group is building a roadmap on water and energy reduction, waste treatment and reduction, as well as a responsible purchasing policy designed to reduce its environmental footprint year after year. In order to meet this goal, Anjac commits itself by 2026 to :
- Reduce your water consumption -20% in m3/tonne of bulk* equivalent to 13 million 1.5L bottles
- Reduce your energy consumption -15% in KwH/KU*; equivalent to the average annual consumption of 4.5 thousand French households.
- Optimize your carbon footprint The approach is currently being defined and will be shared in the CSR 2022 report.
(*In cumulative 2021-2026)
3. Ensure the safety and development of its employees. The Anjac Group makes the development of its teams a priority and is committed to :
- Prioritize Workplace Safety;
- Improve the quality of life at work and support the development of its employees.
4. A societal commitment to global healthThe Group's activities are focused on three priority areas, thanks to the relationships and donations made to the associations supported by the Group:
- Childhood and Adult Cancer Control;
- Access to first aid;
- The condition of women.
A continuous progress approach and results evaluated every year
The Group's commitment is continuously assessed by the Ecovadis platform for evaluating CSR and responsible purchasing performance.
By 2026, Anjac and all its companies aim to be Gold Medalists
Ecovadis, to promote the Group's commitments and progress internationally
and with its customers and partners.
This 1st Anjac CSR report affirms the Group's will to go further to
bring more environmental sustainability, create more value for its customers, for the
health of consumers, for the well-being of its employees and for the good of its
territories. The Group's CSR objectives and commitments are clear and supported by
innovation to contribute to the transformation of the Beauty and Health industry.