Born in 2020 from a collective dynamic aimed at stimulating innovation in the perfumery-cosmetics sector, the Beauty Hub was created by Cosmetic Valley with the help of a consortium of eight leading figures in the sector: Aircos, Aptar, Chanel, L'Oréal, LVMH, MS Beautilab, Nippon Shikizai, Yves Rocher. It offers innovative start-ups a sectoral acceleration program with a complete package of services covering all fields of innovation: discovery, experimentation, skills development, financing...
2 promotions each year, 20 start-ups accelerated since 2020
Located in Chartres, the Beauty Hub welcomes two promotions of 5 to 10 start-ups each year. Each promotion is accompanied on a 6-month program including mentoring, thematic workshops (Strategy, Intellectual Property and Valorization, Formulation, Industrialization, Marketing, Communication, Regulatory, Financing, Distribution, International Development) and technical expertise.
At the end of the six months, the Beauty Hub gives start-ups access to a financing committee composed of private and public actors, investment funds and its own Cosmetic Angels (more than 40 private investors) in order to carry out the initial fundraising of start-ups.
Cosmetic Valley is currently launching applications for the 5th promotion of the Beauty Hub which will integrate the acceleration program next September.
Selected on the basis of a dossier, then via a presentation pitch, the start-ups will have to propose a project that meets the various innovation challenges of the perfumery-cosmetics sector: digitalization, naturalness, renewal of distribution...
Candidates can come from all over the France and internationally.
About the 4th beauty hub promotion
Supported by the company Neovix B2oscience, these 5 start-ups from all over the France and internationally joined the Beauty Hub in February 2022:
– O My Note: Parisian start-up that combines emotions and perfumery. Thanks to a technology based on Artificial Intelligence, the O My Note application makes it possible to decipher emotions in scented compounds.
– Alpha Chitin: start-up from Nouvelle Aquitaine, a bio-based chemistry company that manufactures chitosanes of plant origin for high-end markets.
– PulpoAr: start-up specialized in augmented reality, which develops solutions to test makeup, hair coloring and nail polish products in stores or on e-commerce.
– GK Concept: Parisian start-up with its production site in Eure-et-Loir, developing innovative merchandising solutions
– Lao care: Alsatian start-up specialized in the care of hair from hemp, committed to naturalness and transparency.