Medelpharm announces the signing of a new exclusive agreement to represent the entire range of capsule fillers and primary and secondary packaging solutions from the Italian manufacturer MG2 in the French and Belgian markets.
With this partnership effective September 1, 2021, Medelpharm intends to strengthen its leading position in powder processing from R&D to production in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmetic sectors.
By becoming the new representative of MG2, Medelpharm adds a new string to its bow and at the same time makes a remarkable entry into the capsule encapsulation and filling market.
A world-renowned manufacturer of production-oriented tools and a major player in the capsule filler market for 55 years, MG2 took into account the challenges of R&D very early on to develop versatile, adaptable and multi-purpose products. A true reference in its field, MG2 has two divisions:
• a "Processing" division that brings together the company's historical activities including the range of capsule machines (see details below), and particularly the Flexalab machines (R&D capsule), MG Compact (capsule for medium production), and Planeta (high-speed capsule).
• a "Packaging" division whose mission is to design primary and secondary packaging solutions for the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food sectors. These include its new "flagship" and high-performance machines, Kartos (intermittent movement carabiner) and BliStar (intermittent movement blister), whose many assets should allow them to quickly meet a major success.
For its part, Medelpharm already offers a global R&D and production offer. This covers R&D consulting, the manufacture of R&D equipment and the distribution of production and R&D equipment.
Regarding the MG2 range of capsules, it advantageously complements Medelpharm's portfolio of products and brands and is consistent with the challenges of product development in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmetic industries.
This partnership between Medelpharm and M2G makes it possible to perfectly meet the current needs of manufacturers in the field of powder and dry form processing.
Productivity and quality are assured: the actors of these industries are subject to productivity and quality imperatives, and therefore need safe and efficient R&D and equipment.
The challenges of transposition are mastered: development methodologies are evolving and it is therefore essential to focus on a smooth transition from R&D to industrial scale.
"Quality by Design" is at the heart of product development: known as "Quality by Design", this transposition approach is based on the collection of information from the early stages of development. The combined know-how of Medelpharm and MG2 thus provides an unparalleled response to this approach.
High-performance gel machines
From now on, Medelpharm will represent exclusively in France and Belgium the various capsules developed by MG2.
The capsule fillers offered by M2G have the particularity of being designed according to a continuous movement system that brings significant advantages in terms of performance and control.
In addition, these state-of-the-art machines display maximum flexibility and scalability and are equipped with the latest generation of weight and quality control systems. In addition, MG2 capsule fillers offer the possibility of being able to dose any type of product (powders, tablets, herbs, capsules in capsules, liquids, ...) with different combinations of dosages and production rates.
MG2 capsules are classified into three main categories according to their use:
- Capsule machines for R&D and laboratories: FlexaLAB – Microdose.
- Capsules for medium production: MG Compact – Suprema.
- Capsule machines for high-speed production: Planeta and Planeta 200 – Tekna – G70 and G140.