Firmenich, specialist in perfumes and aromas, presented its Fine Fragrance trends. The Swiss group, recently recognized as virtuous in terms of sustainable development (with a triple “A” obtained for climate change, water security and forests, for the third consecutive year) by the non-profit organization Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) relies, for its fragrances, on the combination of pleasure and well-being.
“Perfume is a story of culture. It tells of hope, joy, passion and positivity. As a new decade marked by a global pandemic begins, Firmenich's annual Fine Fragrance trends presentation entitled Mind Nose + Matter focuses on the theme of Re | Generation: it provides customers with an answer unique in terms of fragrances combining pleasure and well-being on a daily basis ”, says one within the company.
This prospective is based on the numerous surveys carried out by Firmenich, in particular those of Conscious Consumer, Premium Wellbeing, COVID-19 Social Media Insights and Post-COVID-19 Surveys; it reflects emerging socio-cultural trends through five themes for the creation of new perfumes.
Ilaria Resta, President, Global Perfumery, explains: “We launched Re | Generation to reinvent the future following a new philosophy, bringing the consumer enhanced benefits and intense emotional experiences. Mind Nose + Matter offers our customers a unique roadmap allowing them to increase the originality and attractiveness of their perfumes in this new era of Fine Fragrances. "
The five creative trends identified by Mind Nose + Matter Re | Generation are:
- Meeting: "The desire to return to our roots, by exploring our connections to nature and to what nourishes us: from this will result the bio-degradable and recyclable perfumes of tomorrow", says Firmenich.
- Innocence : “The thrill of wonder at the unknown through a new creative path of a Smell-the-Taste ingredient from Firmenich. "
- Order: “The need to relieve anxiety and regain balance, calm and control. In particular through new anti-bacterial properties and the use of Artificial Intelligence to bring man and machine closer together. "
- Danger : “Controlled risk-taking for more pleasure and fantasy. "
- Revelation: “A real renaissance towards a sustainable environment, thanks to upcycling as well as the use of new Firmenich ingredients resulting from biotechnologies. "
Jerry Vittoria, President, Fine Fragrances Worldwide at Firmenich, explains: “Based on our in-depth knowledge of the consumer and trends, Mind Nose + Matter offers a unique co-creation program to our Fine Fragrance customers, demonstrating creativity through the use of new technologies and innovations. We take an in-depth look at the most common and relevant questions facing consumers today and show how Re | Generation can improve their future. "
Guided by these data and inspired by these avenues of creation, the perfumers of Firmenich Fine Fragrance have given free rein to their creativity to formulate visionary fragrances: both triggering emotions and in line with the expectations and feelings of consumers. Mind Nose + Matter Re | Generation combines new technologies, renewable ingredients and strong emotional potential.
Justin Welch, Creative Director of Mind Nose + Matter, ajoute : “Mind Nose + Matter is a perfect illustration of the power of the new 'positive luxury'. It is the culmination of a year of the most in-depth analyzes. It is our deep conviction: our Re | Generation program goes far beyond words, it translates into actions. Together we can change the world. "
This year, Firmenich customers were able to experience the Mind Nose + Matter program through a fully digital experience, via webinars with a tailor-made catalog as well as a fragrance kit created by the Fine Fragrance teams in New York, Dubai, Paris and Sao Paulo.